The English Rose
Recipe Type: Gin
Serves: 1 drink
This sweet-tart gin cocktail features both strawberries and rhubarb for a unique taste of spring. Shaking with an egg white creates a delicate foam on top... a delightful touch.
- 2 Strawberries
- 1.5 oz Plymouth Gin
- 1 oz Dolin Blanc Vermouth
- .5 oz Rhubarb syrup* (see recipe i this post).
- .5 oz Fresh lemon juice
- 1 Small egg white
- 3 drops Bittermens Burlesque Bitters
- In a shaker, muddle the strawberries.
- Add the remaining ingredients and shake without ice.
- Fill with ice and shake again for 20 seconds.
- Double-strain into a chilled coupe glass.
Recipe Type: Flavoring
- lb Rhubarb, roughly chopped
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Sugar
- Add the rhubarb and water to a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the sugar and cook, stirring, until it dissolves.
- Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Strain, and store in the refrigerator.